For any inconvenience of pain, you might feel in your feet, it is important to consult a podiatrist at your earliest. Sometimes, sharp heel pains can be due to many foot conditions, one of them is the tarsal tunnel syndrome. Your podiatrist will check the condition and identify the type of condition and treatment for the pain.
Causes of Heel Pain
Your feet are balance on a large ligament under the sole of your feet. This starts usually from the heel bone and goes inside into the ball of your foot. Any situations in which you might experience pulling of the sole, extra weight or exertion can cause the ligament to entirely separate from your heel. This is usually causing little by little in the form of fibers. This gradual process of tearing can lead to inflammation. Inflammation of this are of foot is known as plantar fascial ligament, and the condition is known as Plantar Fasciitis Sydney. This is one of the most common conditions to cause pain the feet and heel.
Common Reasons of Heel Pain
- Excessive pulling or the plantar fascial ligament
- Sudden injury of the ligament or rough pulling that may lead to sprain in ankle
- Too much weight gain causes extra pressure on feet
- Increase in physical activity or exercising loads
- Change in the footwear can also promote stress and force on the plantar fascia
- Abnormal flattening of the foot. This can happen at the arches and is a major factor when it comes to extra pressure on feet.
- Extremely arched feet on the other hand might also experience stress and forces on the plantar fascia causing pain.
- Nerve entrapment is one of another major causes of heel pain.
- Calf stretches help a lot for treating this condition is performed accurately. Podiatrists usually work hard in this are of foot conditions because of it being common. There are unique stretching and strengthening programs that are specifically designed to treat the heel pain.
- For less serious heel pain Manly Vale, ice massage can relieve inflammation and pain.
- Painkillers such as aspirin and Panadol to assist short term foot conditions.
- Avoid walking barefoot on the floor or any surface. Wear proper shoes with soles.
- Try exercising your feet and legs before going to bed and waking up from the bed.
- Anti-inflammatory gel massages can also help less serious foot conditions.
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT)
- Night Braces for the Feet
- Opting for the widely known western medical acupuncture. This might not be applicable on all cases.
- Steroid injections- These are the last resort and are recommended for acute cases mostly.
The recommended treatment for heel pain Sydney by a podiatrist is to consider the condition of acute inflammation that you are facing. Your podiatrist will guide you about the mechanical alignment issues, and any stress your feet are facing, so that you do not face trouble in the future. Visiting the podiatrist as soon as possible will save you from worsening your condition.